List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Can't get kmail working.
From:       Kevin Williams <kevkim55 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-27 17:05:51

Thanks a lot, Andreas. I really appreciate your help.

I had installed cyrus-sasl much before I started off with Xorg and KDE. So, I
don't understand why kmail didn't work.

Anyways, the good news is that, I recompiled kmail and now it works just
perfect !! I don't know if there was another package missing on which kmail
depended !!?

Thanks again.

Kevin

On Sunday 26 November 2006 11:20, you wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 26. November 2006 17:03 schrieb Kevin Williams:
> > Any Ideas ? Please ?
> >
> > kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libsocks.so: undefined
>
> Kevin, some package needed by KMail is missing on your system. A usual
> candidate is SASL support, IIRC you have a good change to find it in a
> Cyrus package.
>
> Best Regards,
> Andreas

> Any Ideas ? Please ?
>
> Kevin

and kernel-2.6.18.

> I have been using kmail with SuSE10.1 for a long time now and never had any
problem. To my utter surprise, kmail refuses to work under BLFS. I have 2
gmail accounts and use kmail to retrieve messages from gmail pop3 server. I
have created the accounts and profiles in kmail and when I try to connect
nothing happens except an error message that says: "The process for the
pop3s://pop.gmail.com protocol died unexpectedly" !! I have tried copying the
entire kmail folder and kmailrc from SuSE and that didn't help wither.

> In absence of any logs, I just can't figure out what is going on ! I tried
looking for a command line switch to enable debugging, there don't seem to be
any. ! When I launch kmail from konsole, this is what I get:

> WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 1) suspended.
> WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 2) suspended.
> WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 3) suspended.
> WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 4) suspended.
> kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
> kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel( kacc = 0x81b16c0 ): KAccel
> object already contains an action name "move_message_to_folder"
> kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libsocks.so: undefined
symbol: S5LogShowThreadIDS
> kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data
> kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Could not write data
>

> I tried look for any dependencies that kmail might have which, I haven't got
installed, but the search didn't seem to lead anywhere.

> I'm at a loss as I can't figure out what could be going wrong here with my
setup.

> Any responses would be highly appreciated. Please let me know if further info
is required.