List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Address completion (Re: Duplicates)
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-01 22:50:42

On Wednesday, November 1, 2006 03:46:07 PM Christian Schaarschmidt wrote:
> Am Freitag, 20. Oktober 2006 09:31 schrieb David Faure:
> > On Monday 25 September 2006 23:02, Chr. Sch. wrote:
> > > PS: the next version can take a while, as I wont have access to my
> > > computer for some time
> >
> > Hi Christian,
> > any news on this topic?
>
> Hi David,
>
> here we go, next version ...
>
> changes:
> - some clean up
> - include suggestions from this thread
> - select first item in dropdown list and use with return
> ( hope this is ok with the GUI stylists. this way I can type until I get the
> mail I want and press Return; no Key_UP, Key_Down or mouse is required)
>
> Bug day showed one more bug related to this patch: Bug 82699
> since patch disables CompletePopupAuto, bug is solved :-)
>

> > We now have a kdepim-feature-branch where such improvements could be
> > committed and tested :)
> still against branch/3.5.
> Where can I find this new branch? In case I want to patch some more ...

Christian,

The branch is located at $SVN/branches/work/kdepim-3.5.5+
We sometimes refer to it as the  kdepim features branch (or kdepim+)  for short.

Feel free to commit your stuff  in there and test it.
Several people are now using this branch on a daily basis, so you should
get some feedback.  Once you have it working I will make an announcement
on my blog and some other places to make our testers aware.

> Although it works fine on my machine, some more testing can't hurt.
> I recomend patching KCompletion and Addressee as well for testing this patch.

That will be harder to test, but I hope David can help with this part of your patch.

Give me a shout if you need help with kdepim+

Regards,
Allen

PS: if the testing goes well we then need to port your patch to trunk.  And then get
permission from the core KMail developers before committing it to the real 3.5 branch.