List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Mark as Sent
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-10-30 22:34:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 29 October 2006 06:47, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 29. Oktober 2006 02:22 schrieb Allen Winter:
> > I noticed while working on some kdepim-3.5.5+ stuff that the "Mark
> > as Sent" menu item was not inserted into the Mark Message menu.
> >
> > Was this done on purpose?  Or a mistake?
> > Should I remove all traces of the "Mark as Sent" capability from
> > KMail?
>
> IIRC there has been a decision to remove some stati from the menus to
> make them more clear (usability-wise). One can argue the Sent status
> can only be set by KMail after really having sent a message.
> However in the meantime a lot of people have complained about the
> reduced capabilities to mark messages (not only via the menus but
> also in the Set Status filter action. I consider the changes as a
> step back and would like to see the stati reappear in the menus.

I'm against re-adding them to the menus. Please always remember the
80/20 rule. The remaining 20% who might want to use one of the more
esoteric "Mark as Foo" options can edit the file defining the menu
layout (kmmainwinrc ?) and/or add the options to the toolbar and/or
define some keybinding for them. The only thing that's not possible is
adding those options to the context menus.

Regards,
Ingo