List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Frequent crashes - backtrace posting?
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-26 20:24:28

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 15:51, BJ Blanchard wrote:
> Ok - after collecting core dumps/backtraces for a few days I analyzed 78, and
> 40% of the crashes are related to bug 126715 (posted one of my backtraces
> there already), and another 20% are related to moving mail between folders (i
> submitted bug 134702)...  [wow already received a patch for #1 of 134702].
>
> I will be posting bugs for the next most frequent crashes.. but the killer is
> 126715 - its experienced by many with heavy IMAP usage - ie. not just at
> Dainty Foods.
>
> Other than voting for this bug, it there any way to escalate this?

BJ,

Voting won't really work.  You are doing the right thing (and doing it very well)
by providing all the help you can, and gentle nagging.

We are very short on manpower.  And, I'm told there are design issues in KMail 3.5.x
that make it difficult to adequately fix these IMAP-related bugs.   We are trying our best
giving our limited resources.

-Allen