List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Address completion (Re: Duplicates)
From:       "Christian" <schaarsc () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-09-14 19:12:47

Am Donnerstag, 14. September 2006 00:00 schrieb David Faure:
> On Tuesday 12 September 2006 23:55, Allen Winter wrote:

> >  1. Christian is doing great work
> I concur. I am *very* impressed that Christian found a way to implement
Thank you!

> But... am I right that this patch basically forces popup completion, i.e.
> breaks/disables the other modes of completion? If that's the case, I would
> advocate to either find a way to make them work again, or to disable/remove
> the option in the RMB popup which allows to set the completion mode.
> I personally don't see why anyone really would want automatic completion...
> but I'm sure that there are people using it, maybe because some bug in the
> popup completion made them switch to it, or for whichever other reason :/
I have removed all other completion modes (allmost, forgot Ctrl+E), because of
incompatibility with the new completion code. You are right, there might be
people using them. Well, weekend is near, I'll see what I can do...

> In any case the config options have to match the capabilities.
absolutely!
messing around with GUI and config is a bit scary ... with this code example I
wanted to show one possible solution. Another reason for not changing the GUI
part, there are some issues I don't understand/know:
1. porting to qt4 is on the way, does it make sense to keep patching
branch3.5? Or should the person porting the code use the idea and implement
it in qt4?
2. If I can't come up with a solution for the other completion modes, who will
decide on removing them from kmail?

> Coding comments:
;-) ... and I thought I could pass without comments ... ;-)

Christian