List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: IMAP (and other) issues (was: Re: Blue scary screen)
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-21 1:20:57

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 07:20, Martijn Klingens wrote:> On Monday 19 December \
2005 21:19, Ingo Klöcker wrote:> > > Sometimes when new> > > mail is collected while \
an IMAP folder is shown all the fields> > > in the list of message headers go blank, \
except the threading> > > hierarchy remains.> >> > I just saw the same problem (I \
don't remember seeing it before),> > but I was fetching mail from the local mail \
spool into a local> > folder. So this seems to be a general problem which probably \
just> > occurs more often with IMAP(?). Oh. That's interesting.
I've just updated my filters from mainly filtering IMAP mail into IMAP folders to \
filtering IMAP mail into local folders. Now that I'm back to mainly using local \
folders I'll keep an eye out to see if I also observer the problem for local folders. \
At the moment I can't think of what can be causing it.
> I think it occurs if KMail detects new mail while I'm switching> focus to another \
> mail by keyboard or mouse at the same time. The> new mail updates the listview by \
> adding nodes, the mail switch> updates the current item in the LV.
I get a similar impression.
> It's guesswork though based on the ~5 times I've seen it the past> couple of days. \
> Switching to another folder and back is a> workaround, so it's certainly not \
> affecting KMail's internal data> structures. (Well, it might, didn't Valgrind, but \
> seems unlikely.)
Maybe something that changed in kmheaders introduced it. I guess it is a regression \