List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch: For bugs #50997, #59685 and partially #41514
From:       Andreas Gungl <Andreas.Gungl () osp-dd ! de>
Date:       2005-08-30 13:52:03

On Friday 26 August 2005 14:43, Don Sanders wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:11:18 +0200, "Andreas Gungl"
> > Don, I've tried to follow the way you described above. See the attached
> > patch
> > for a possible, but no a final solution to this problem.
> >
> > I've tested the code a bit. It has been working so far. But I'm still
> > concerned about the additional copy of a message
> > (kmfilteraction.cpp:1400)
> > which might be unnecessary and actually causing a memory leak (need to
> > carefully check though). However, using "msg" directly might lead to the
> > original message in the folder to be copied instead of the likely
> > modified
> > memory representation of the message during the filtering process.
> > Copying
> > that memory representation is intended, though. Feedback regarding that
> > issue
> > is welcome.
> >
> > Andreas
>
> Hi Andreas, I've arrived in spain for the akademy meeting but my luggage
> has not, so I don't have a computer currently. I'll try to get back
> to you as soon as I can. But perhaps this might take awhile so maybe
> it's best if you commit if you think that's the right thing to do.
>
> BTW thanks heaps for working on this.
>
> Don.

I hope you've got your luggage in the meantime and are able to hack together
with the other PIM people there.
I've found the time to further test my changes and to solve that message copy
problem to my satisfaction. I've just committed my changes to svn, but I've
let some kdDebug() lines in the code to ease the verification whether the
async copy routine is used. I'll take them out later but before the 3.5.0
tagging.

Andreas