List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Splash screen while waiting for IMAP data to be fetched (Re:
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-30 20:25:56

On Monday 30 May 2005 22:18, Matt Douhan wrote:
> I am seing the same thing and the flickering makes one wonder what is
> happening, I of course knows since I was there at the meeting, but I think
> others might be driven nuts about it.

One really hacky solution would be to make sure the splash is shown at least
half a second. I.e., if data is ready before, just delay it.

I for one won't mind, since as I said I mostly have delays of 1-2 seconds and
sometimes even more if the splash appears at all, but artificially delaying
KMail doesn't sound too nice to me.

Better alternatives more than welcome.

--
Martijn