List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Why was the folder Properties dialog split up in 1.8?
From:       Andreas Gungl <Andreas.Gungl () osp-dd ! de>
Date:       2005-03-10 17:30:00

Am Mittwoch 09 März 2005 23:47 schrieb Malte S. Stretz:
> In the case of the Expiry settings it took me really long to find it
> because "Expire..." looks like some action to execute, not a setting.  In
> the end I noticed the three dots, the fact that it was in the context menu
> where normally the settings are and it was the only place where it could be
> hidden, but finding those options again took me almost half a week.

Hi Malte,

Just calm down a little bit. I was used to the old behavior as well and I was
quite astonished the first time I've missed that mailing list stuff in the
properties dialog.
However, I've seen some usability studies in real life. I've seen people
dealing with KMail for the first time. They are the target auditorium.

Everybody knows (should know) that programmers are seldom wise conecrning
usability. That's why the usability team is supporting us. Don't let us stick
to the old habits, but lets make KMail better. It has been explained before
that the work hasn't been completed yet. There are edges as you've found out
and as Till wrote. But hey, that can be fixed for 3.4.1, can't it?

Regards,
Andreas