List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for BUG:88367
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-26 12:14:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 26 February 2005 12:53, Matt Douhan wrote:
> On Tue February 22 2005 20:47, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > In order to fix the bug KMail should simply revert all identities
> > which reference a deleted transport to use the default transport.
> > This doesn't require a new string (for now).
>
> I was out travelling and missed this email, I could not get online
> before the freeze anyway.
>
> What now? commit the fix with the new strings since HEAD is reopened?
> or how do we proceed?

I don't think it makes sense to tell the user that he can't delete a
transport before he has changed all affected identities. It's KMail's
job to change the affected identities. Therefore KMail should do what I
wrote above. Additionally, we should inform the user in case some
identities have been changed so that he can check them.

This fix (minus the message box) should then also be backported (when
KDE_3_4_BRANCH is unfrozen).

Regards,
Ingo