List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Add DCOP call to retrieve message parts
From:       Till Adam <adam () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-30 16:27:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 30 September 2004 08:46, David Jarvie wrote:
> I need to add the facility to drag and drop a message from KMail to KAlarm.
> Currently, only the headers can be fetched. The attached patch adds a DCOP
> call which fetches message parts, given the message serial number. Can I
> apply it?

That patch will fail for mail that is not completely present locally, such as
mail in imap folders. Those will need to be fetched via a FolderJob, so
you'll have to make the whole thing async, and react on the messageRetrived
signal.

If I may ask, what kind of body part do you need to get from KMail, and how do
you know which part it is? Just curious how you figure out the partindex.

Till