List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Multiple selection support for the filter dialog
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-08-26 10:02:46

On Thursday 26 August 2004 10:54, Don Sanders wrote:
> I'm not sure there's an equivalent in KDE, but on OS X I quite like
> the font dialog in the Apple TextEdit application. This dialog uses
> tristate checkboxes, so for instance if I select a paragraph
> containing bold and normal text, the bold checkbox will be shown in
> the third blank/unknown/ambiguous state. Then the boldness of the
> entire selected paragraph can be changed by clicking on the bold
> checkbox.

I'm not sure tri-state checkboxes are really obvious to the user (we have some
in the konqueror properties dialog for permissions on multiple files, but well...).
When there's room it's simpler to have separate checkboxes (like in "kcmshell fonts", \
"Adjust All Fonts...") But I guess screen space is an issue in the filter dialog :-) \
So maybe there's no other way indeed.