List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Nother gotcha in 3.3-beta2
From:       Gene Heskett <gene.heskett () verizon ! net>
Date:       2004-07-30 22:21:29

Greetings;

I've been trying to trace down why messages that really should have
been left alone in the inbox since converting from 3.2 to 3.3-beta2
have actually been shuffled off to the JunqueMail folder, and finally
found that (with the help of the filter logging kmail now has, thank
you very much) that if the check sequence got past all the whitelists
and into the spam filters lower in the filter listing displayed, then
it automaticly got stuck in the JunqueMail folder without a match
being logged.

I'm not sure if kmail didn't like the formattng of some of my older
rules or what, but I found that it had cleared the test phrases, but
not the actions of several rules.

I dunno if that was intentional or what, but it did take me several
days to run down all instances of this in my filter list.  Is this
considered to be a bug?

Since spamassasin is now an option, is there a setup tutorial
someplace describing how to make it work with this new kmail?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)