List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: JumpToUnread and folder selection
From:       "Carsten Burghardt" <burghardt () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-06-30 7:02:24

Andreas Gungl sagte:
> On Tuesday 29 June 2004 17:25, David Faure wrote:
>> On Tuesday 29 June 2004 16:47, Carsten Burghardt wrote:
>> > Hi folks,
>> >
>> > I'm a bit confused - when you select a folder with Ctrl-+/- the
>> > selection jumps to the first unread message even if you didn't enable
>> > this in the settings (Jump to first unread). This does not apply if
>> you
>> > manually select the folder.
>> > I didn't notice this in the past for imap folders so I'm not sure if
>> > this is something like "broken by design". Is this supposed to be
>> > normal behaviour? I would like to change that as the shortcur should
>> > only find and open the folder but should not override a configuration
>> > IMO.
>>
>> IMHO this is a feature. The jumpToUnread setting says what should happen
>> when selecting a folder. This is because you might be going to a folder
>> to find an old mail, so you don't want to jump to the next unread mail.
>>
>> But when explicitely pressing Ctrl +/- you do want to read the next
>> unread mail, that's what this shortcut is all about, isn't it?
>
> Yes, it's a feature. Otherwise you may want to use only "+" or select the
> folder via Ctrl-Left/Right.

OK, but the menu entry is "Open next unread folder". It doesn't say
anything about opening the next unread mail. But ok, I'll leave it. I
always used Ctrl-+/- because it actually didn't work with imap - but as I
fixed the general "jumpToUnread" thingy this works also for imap now. A
pitty ;-)

Carsten