List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: a threading oddity
From:       Till Adam <adam () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-06-17 7:29:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 17 June 2004 08:32, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:
> Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > (KMail in KDE 3.2.2 FC1)
> >
> > I "lost" a message after I moved it into a folder. I was pretty sure I
> > still had it, so I did a search on all my folders and found it. It had
> > been threaded below an earlier message from another sender with the same
> > Subject. 2 different senders sent me a message with the same Subject
> > months apart, and the new one is nested below the old one. That's not
> > right is it?
>
> You have the "Thread also on subject" flag on. Disable it from the menu.

Actually, please send me those two mails that wrongly got threaded together,
if they are not too personal. The subject threading algorithm should have
caught that case, if they are more than 60 days or so apart, date wise, they
should not be assumed to be from the same thread even if the subject is the
same.

Till