List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Search Dialog
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-01-05 0:08:23

Sorry I don't like this "I'm an expert" checkbox, I think it makes the
dialog more complicated rather than simpler.

Maybe it makes sense to consider a search window instead of a search
dialog. Replacing the buttons with toolbar buttons (and menu items).
Also this way the context menu actions could have menu items also, I
think it's bad to have actions that are only accessible via a context
menu. (I'm thinking of the context menu that is associated with the
list of search results).

I'm not sure about the replace/create new concept in the attached
dialog, it also seems to make things more complicated rather than
simpler.

Maybe it would be better to discuss this kind of think after the 3.2
release, I'm not willing to test new code before then.

Don.