List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Komposer and HTML editing
From:       Zack Rusin <zack () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-30 20:28:19

Sorry, I have been mostly coding lately and haven't been checking emails
that carefully.

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 18:04, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 December 2003 22:23, JES wrote:
> > I'd like to continue adding html editing support for kmail. It
> > seems that Zack Rusin made some documentation on Komposer. Where
> > can I find it ?
>
> You can find Komposer here: kdepim/libkdepim/komposer. I don't know
> whether there's also some kind of documentation. You should
> definitely coordinate your work with Zack.

The version in libkdepim is totally deprecated. The one in there still
uses kprefs which now is KConfigSkeleton nad cfg. It has also a
deprecated plugin mechanism (see my reply to Don). I'm sorry I haven't
committed all those changes yet I'll do that as soon as I'm happy with
the plugin api.

> > Does it describe how to insert Komposer into kmail ?
>
> I can't tell. But Zack will make KMail use Komposer shortly after KDE
> 3.2.

Yap, it will come. It doesn't describe anything yet because : 1) the
version in kdepim is already deprecated, 2) I'm changing it daily as I
feel something works neater then the current method.

> > Is Komposer going to be part of KDE 3.3 ?
>
> Hopefully it's going to be part of the intermediate release of the
> kdepim module (between KDE 3.2 and 3.3/4.0).

Komposer core will be ready in about two weeks. After that I'll work on
editors and plugins which provide the additional functionality (like
signature generator, patch-attach checker, encryption, whatever else
comes to my mind). The plugins will be trivial the editors will need
some work but since Komposer mostly reuses existing editors it
shouldn't be that hard. So I'm aiming for a late January, early
February release.

Zack

--
Friends don't set friends on fire