List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Komposer and HTML editing
From:       Zack Rusin <zack () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-30 20:21:46

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 00:14, Don Sanders wrote:
> If Zack doesn't object, and if all known issues in the html editing
> patch are fixed before the Komposer framework is ready to commit,
> then given html editing is the most requested feature for all of KDE
> I can see no rational reason for not committing it.
>
> I'll certainly support you committing it to cvs once all known issues
> are resolved, and if Zack doesn't object then I believe the only
> logical course of action is to fix the known issues first.

Komposer will be ready api wise in two weeks. Right now I'm reworking
plugin handling and pretty much rewritting core. Initially only editors
were pluggable but as I was expanding Komposer adding things like
"signature generator" and "checking whether the referenced patch is
actually attached" I decided that those things shouldn't be in the core
Komposer but should be available as plugins. I remembered how Scott
wrote his signature generator and how we got the "checking-for-future"
patch that caused the dilemma of whether they should be included as
many people don't use them and they bloat the composer, so in the
Komposer framework those things will be pluggable.  So right now both
the editors and extended functionality are provided as plugins in the
Komposer. After that API will be finished I'll commit it and start
working on editors. All in all we're looking at a late January early
February release of the first version of the Komposer.
If you guys are too impatient and really want the html editting in
January I, of course, don't mind you committing anything you've worked
on to kmcomposer since that's completely independent of the work I'm
doing.

Zack

--
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." - Britney
Spears