List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: KMail annoyance
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-13 11:29:08

On Saturday 13 December 2003 11:57, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> I understand Casey's concerns (although it doesn't seem that he's
> found any supporters on kde-usability yet) and therefore I propose to
> turn off the attachment warning by default for KDE 3.2 until we've
> added the above checkbox. We'll then turn it on again in the next
> release when it can easily be disabled by users that don't want it.

Please don't turn the feature off by default. It's too nice to be hidden
behind a configuration option and it isn't only useful to developers
but to all users attaching documents to mails.

I have to agree with Till, though, that "patch" shouldn't be in the
default list of recognized words. This is only relevant for developers
and even for them it doesn't really work as you often use it without
actually intending to attach a patch. (e.g. "Patch reviewed. Please
commit." kind of mails).