List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Mailing list and reply-to.
From:       Paul Sprakes <pauls () sprakes ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-11-14 19:35:49

On Thursday 13 Nov 2003 23:31, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Most likely the mailing list message has the mailing-list address in the
> Reply-to header. Now if you told KMail the mailing-list address then
> KMail sees that the Reply-to header contains the mailing-list address
> and therefore uses the From address and not the Reply-to address as
> recipient for the reply. But if KMail doesn't know that the address in
> the Reply-to header is a mailing-list address then it uses this address
> as recipient for the reply. That explains the confusing behavior that
> you've noticed.

Right, I understand now. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

I'd like to make a couple of suggestions though:

1. Combine the "New message" and "New message to mailing list" into a single
button with drop down menu (i.e. like the "Forward" button). The way it is
now I have two buttons on the toolbar with exactly the same icon. The user
also has to know about the existence of the "New message to mailing list"
before they can add it to the toolbar.

2. Combine the 3 different reply types into a single button with drop down
menu (although keep the "Reply to all" button as people are used to it).

3. Group the 3 different reply types into a submenu in the right click context
menu (like the "Forward" submenu).

4. The default action for the "New message" and "Reply to" buttons should stay
as they are now. But when the user goes into a mailing list folder the
default actions should change to their mailing list equivalents.

Regards, Paul.