List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: little reminder on the 3.2 release schedule
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-18 22:05:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 18 September 2003 13:55, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On Thursday 18 September 2003 10:17, Don Sanders wrote:
> I'd close bugs like 54886 as FIXED - people can reopen bugs that are
> not fixed. But problems with kregexp are invalid as we don't use it
> anymore.

We are still using KRegExp3 in kmfilteraction.cpp. The last time I
checked it made sense that we still use it because the
KRegExp3::replace method has a feature which QRegExp doesn't provide
(AFAIK).

> > Looking at normal bugs, none of them strike me as being that
> > important except for Bug:41514 "KMail freezes the UI when checking
> > for new mail". With 631 votes it seem to be the most hated bug in
> > KDE. This is a complicated issue but one of the main problems seems
> > to be blocking actions, specifically piping through spamassassin.
>
> And GPG. And NFS :)

Did someone mention GPG? GPG is of course not related to 41514 because
the GPG freezes don't happen when KMail is checking for new mail. ;-)
Anyway, I wished I had more time.

> > KOrganizer/KMail integration I really don't see as being difficult
> > from the KMail side given hidden dcop methods, one week should be
> > enough.
>
> That opens the question who is working on it. Cornelius, who got the
> hands full with kitchensync? Or Daniel, who got the hands full with
> kcontrol (hopefuly :)?
> If it all works as nicely as in #60575 I'm not seeing much of a
> problem really ;)

On the KMail side I should be working on this. Cornelius and I agreed
that I will write a plugin interface for dealing with message parts
(aka attachments) with certain mime types, e.g. invitations. The plugin
will create a HTML presentation of the message part with some special
links. If the user clicks on the links KMail will pass this information
to the plugin which should then do whatever is appropriate (e.g.
contact KOrganizer via DCOP).

> > Multipart/Related mails might have to slip to 3.3, which is a
> > shame.
>
> I thought that's part of the HTML editing? Anyway, I have no idea :)

Well, both are related (Muahahaha), but HTML works well without embedded
images. Of course, it would be silly if KMail could create multipart/
related but couldn't display it.

Regards,
Ingo