List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: little reminder on the 3.2 release schedule
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-18 10:03:49

On Thursday 18 September 2003 00:35, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Wouldn't this cause problems because of BIC changes in some kdepim
> related kdelibs stuff (kabc? kresources?)? Do the 3.1 kdepim programs
> run with 3.2 kdelibs (without recompiling!)?
So who will test it? I mean, majorly. Not just the old kdepim that you need
to run on top of KDE 3.2 - but also the kdepim released after? You can't make
both kdepims part of the KDE 3.2 betas - so either you get no testing at all
for kdepim based on 3.2 or not for the newly developed features.

And I for one don't want to sign my name under a KDE 3.2 release that comes
with a basically untested kmail/korganizer setup. This just doesn't make sense.

For me it doesn't appear to be a valid option.

Greetings, Stephan

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.