List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: little reminder on the 3.2 release schedule
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-18 9:18:59

On Thursday 18 September 2003 08:35, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 September 2003 23:45, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > On Wednesday 17 September 2003 18:32, Stephan Kulow wrote:

I'm okay with this option. I don't intend to make any commits that
will make this difficult.

> > > Argh, another branch?! And I got the impression, we've got
> > > enough of it. I did at least.
> >
> > We could even completely decouple kdepim from the 3.2 release and
> > don't release it with 3.2 at all, but make a separate release
> > later when the features are complete. This wouldn't increase the
> > number of branches. I don't know if that's what people want,
> > though.
>
> Wouldn't this cause problems because of BIC changes in some kdepim
> related kdelibs stuff (kabc? kresources?)? Do the 3.1 kdepim
> programs run with 3.2 kdelibs (without recompiling!)?

I would think the goal of a separate kdepim release would be to have
that release (at the time of release) run against the latest stable
kdelibs release. But not necessary against future kdelibs releases.

Don.