List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail and kvim
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-15 5:58:17

On Saturday 13 September 2003 23:21, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Saturday 13 September 2003 10:49, JES wrote:
> > On Saturday 13 September 2003 04:22 am, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > > It will be a part of the Komposer framework, which is already
> > > in kdepim. Initially I thought about finishing it during n7y,
> > > but I talked to Don while there and I decided that KMail in 3.2
> > > is going to have such a massive number of new features that a
> > > completely new composer might be too much. So, currently
> > > Komposer is scheduled for after 3.2.
> >
> > Hi,
> > Does this mean that any effort (on my side) to be able to send
> > html with the current KEdit class will be a (kind of) waste of
> > time ?
>
> The answer to this question depends on what you had in mind.

Hi Ingo,

The idea is to improve KMail implementing html editing support and
releasing this for 3.2. This is listed in the 3.2 feature plan.

I think creating multipart/alternative messages as I believe JES is
working on (still haven't looked at his patch), needs to be done for
both the KMail improvement for 3.2 release way, and the Komposer
framework way. I think it's needed for the Komposer framework as
Komposer plugins shouldn't be creating multipart/alternative html
messages themselves but should rather leave that to KMail todo. (Zack
please correct me if I'm wrong).

So if JES' multipart/alternative implementation is good, then since
it's a KMail rather than KEdit extension it shouldn't be a waste of
time. (I hope)

Don.