List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail and kvim
From:       Zack Rusin <zack () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-13 13:47:34

On Saturday 13 September 2003 04:49, JES wrote:
> On Saturday 13 September 2003 04:22 am, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > It will be a part of the Komposer framework, which is already in
> > kdepim. Initially I thought about finishing it during n7y, but I
> > talked to Don while there and I decided that KMail in 3.2 is going
> > to have such a massive number of new features that a completely new
> > composer might be too much. So, currently Komposer is scheduled for
> > after 3.2.
>
> Hi,
> Does this mean that any effort (on my side) to be able to send html
> with the current KEdit class will be a (kind of) waste of time ?

First of all technically KEdit is deprecated, practically we still use
it of course. Komposer framework has a plugin based editor
architecture. All the editors are parts that are simply embedded by the
Komposer, so if you'll want your editor to be used by Komposer you'll
have to make it a plugin in Komposer.

Zack

--
A man is accepted into church for what he believes--and turned out for
what he knows. -Mark Twain