List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail and kvim
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-13 13:21:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 13 September 2003 10:49, JES wrote:
> On Saturday 13 September 2003 04:22 am, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > It will be a part of the Komposer framework, which is already in
> > kdepim. Initially I thought about finishing it during n7y, but I
> > talked to Don while there and I decided that KMail in 3.2 is going
> > to have such a massive number of new features that a completely new
> > composer might be too much. So, currently Komposer is scheduled for
> > after 3.2.
>
> Hi,
> Does this mean that any effort (on my side) to be able to send html
> with the current KEdit class will be a (kind of) waste of time ?

The answer to this question depends on what you had in mind.

If you wanted to have this included in the official KMail release then
you did probably waste your time. "Probably" because it might be
possible to use the KEdit class as editor part in Komposer (which will
support multiple editor parts). But I have my doubts that this makes
sense since there are much better editor parts.

OTOH, if you just wrote the patch for yourself then you didn't waste
your time. Since the new composer will not be used in KDE 3.2 it will
also not be possible to send HTML messages with the unpatched KMail
which comes with KDE 3.2. But you will be able to do this with your
special version of KMail.

Regards,
Ingo