List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Address Book
From:       Neil Williams <linux () codehelp ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-09-07 18:31:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 07 Sep 2003 6:55 pm, Jim Thorpe wrote:
> I would like to see Pages in the Address Book.
> My reason:
> The Adddress Book had pages in which one could enter groups of addresses
> according a particular need.  e.g. family affairs, technical stuff, clean
> jokes, dirty jokes, etc., etc., thus permitting one to left click an a page
> and drag it to the "To" line and all addresses would show.
> Individuals could appear in more than one page.

Already works.

Have you tried setting a filter on category? Each address book entry can have
any number of categories, you can allocate new categories if you don't like
the defaults and you can choose to see only the ones matching the filter.

Select all or just some of the filtered names using the mouse and shift, then
send an email using the File menu.

And I've just confirmed too, it will work with drag and drop - drag the
selections from the address book into the To: field of an open composer
window. Of course it might be better to drop into the CC or BCC fields -
saves hassle when people want to reply.

Anyways, this is the KMail mailing list, rather than the address book.

Plus, if you want to request new features, complete a bug report and set it as
'wishlist'.

Neil Williams
http://www.codehelp.co.uk
http://www.dclug.org.uk