List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: heads up: changing of default shortcut for "Used fix font"
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-05 8:37:00

On Friday 05 September 2003 10:15, George Staikos wrote:
> On Thursday 04 September 2003 19:58, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > Bah. If you think it's really necessary to remove this shortcut
> > then go ahead.
> >
> > While we are at it: There are some much more important shortcuts
> > which should be changed. Proposal (press x for a nice tabular
> > view ;-) ): Action                New Shortcut       Old Shortcut
> > Select All Messages   Ctrl+A             k
> > Select Message Text   Ctrl+Shift+A (?)   Ctrl+A
I vote for these changes,

> > Move to Trash         Delete             d and Delete
and against this one.

> > Comments?

I like the idea of getting rid of the 'k' shortcut as this alone would
fix the kde deletes all messages in a folder problem.

But I'm against getting rid of the 'd' shortcut as it's convenient and
getting rid of the 'k' shortcut alone would be enough to solve the
kde delete problem.

>   Unfortunately single key accels are really quick and useful in a
> mail app. However, you're right, they are dangerous.  This is
> especially true in a sloppy focus environment.
>
>   I only ask that kmail developers can sit down and decide on new
> defaults once and for all.  Changing accels in kmail is really
> painful.  I think I use the mouse only for changing folders and
> moving email now.
>
>   Oh and one more thing, at least in 3.1 branch and the last time I
> tested head, hitting a single key that was not bound to a keystroke
> made it jump to the next folder that begins with that letter.  That
> one is really annoying. It would be nice if that could be fixed.

That will probably be the default qlistview keyboard acceleration.
Which might (or could) be nice in the case of a user who has (or
wants to) disable all single key shortcuts.

But then against disabling it for now probably makes sense.

Don.