List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: heads up: changing of default shortcut for "Used fix font"
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-05 0:28:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 05 September 2003 02:15, George Staikos wrote:
> On Thursday 04 September 2003 19:58, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > Bah. If you think it's really necessary to remove this shortcut
> > then go ahead.
> >
> > While we are at it: There are some much more important shortcuts
> > which should be changed. Proposal (press x for a nice tabular view
> > ;-) ): Action                New Shortcut       Old Shortcut
> > Select All Messages   Ctrl+A             k
> > Select Message Text   Ctrl+Shift+A (?)   Ctrl+A
> > Move to Trash         Delete             d and Delete
> >
> > Comments?
>
>   Unfortunately single key accels are really quick and useful in a
> mail app. However, you're right, they are dangerous.  This is
> especially true in a sloppy focus environment.
>
>   I only ask that kmail developers can sit down and decide on new
> defaults once and for all.  Changing accels in kmail is really
> painful.  I think I use the mouse only for changing folders and
> moving email now.

After a quick look at Settings->Configure Shortcuts I don't think that
we will change any other accels in KMail. And BTW, you can always
revert all accel changes to ease the pain. ;-)

Hint 1: Use Ctrl+Left/Right in combination with Ctrl+Space to change
folders if you don't want to use the mouse. Drawback: Currently,
collapsed folder trees are expanded.

Hint 2: Try 'm' to move messages.

Regards,
Ingo