List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Wish: Better display of common signature states
From:       David Corbin <dcorbin () machturtle ! com>
Date:       2003-09-03 23:14:36

Message was signed with unknown key.
The validity of the signature cannot be verified.
Problem: OpenPGP plug-in was not specified.
Use the 'Settings->Configure KMail->Security' dialog to specify the plug-in or
ask your system administrator to do that for you.
-
As you know, I'm sure, the above text (or something similar) is displayed on
every digitally signed message that is received.  When the plugin is not the
problem a a multiline message  telling me about the signature.

To me, this is a lot of wasted real estate that can be boiled down to a small
icon.  Ideally such an icon would be displayed to the right of the headers
(space generally wasted), and clicking on the icon would give me the text
that I now see.

Any chances of getting this feature changed/added?
--
David Corbin <dcorbin@machturtle.com>