List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: spamassassin and kmail
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-01 22:21:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 30 August 2003 11:30, Marcel Janssen wrote:
> On Friday 29 August 2003 23:40, Malte S. Stretz wrote:
> > It seems like SF.net enabled SpamAssassin for its mailinglist.
> > Pretty stupid as the SA lists are also hosted there :(
>
> I can confirm this. They started using that this week, so correlates
> well with the problems that I find. I've let them know my problems
> with the mailing lists and hope something will done.
> As far as i can tell I can't receive any SF mail after 25th of august
> of any of their lists. I'm subscribed to quite a few, so get many
> broken mails a day now.
>
> Anyways, I still wonder why evolution doesn't suffer from the same
> problem that kmail does. Seems like something can be done in kmail to
> read these mails correctly.

I subscribed to xine-devel and could receive the messages without any
problems. Furthermore I could read the example that you've sent me
without problems as local inbox.

Also Malte is using the same version of KMail as you (1.5.3). And he
also doesn't have any problems. So I don't think that there is a
problem with KMail and the SF mailing lists.

Maybe some index files were corrupted during the crash. Try whether
deleting the index files (e.g. ~/Mail/.inbox.index* for the Inbox
folder) of the affected folders helps.

Regards,
Ingo