List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    spamassassin and kmail
From:       Marcel Janssen <korgull () home ! nl>
Date:       2003-08-29 20:35:28

Hi,

Since a few days I'm having some trouble receiving correct mail from various
mailing groups (lists.sourceforge.net) using kmail.
The mails I receive have no subject, no date , no body and no attachments.
When looking at the headers, the last part shows something like :

This seemed to me like my spamassassin was doing something that I didn't want
so I uninstalled spamassassin and removed the filters from kmail that handle
piping through spamassassin.

Now, the weird thing is that the messages still appear with the headers as
above and are completely unusable.
As a test (to check wether my provider filters it) I configured kmail to not
delete mail from my provider's server and configured evolution to receive it.
I was quite surpriced when evolution received the mail intact and kmail
didn't.

Of course I double checked that spamassassin is really gone from my system and
it is. Also the filters are really removed from kmailrc.

I use kmail 1.5.3 form the redhat 9 RPMS of KDE 3.1.3

btw: this problem seemed to have appeared after kmail crashed on me one time
but I'm not very sure after that as I noticed it one day later.

Since I've run out of ideas to what I could check I hope someone on this list
could help me a little further in tracking down what's happening here.

Regards,
Marcel Janssen