List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch to fix crash in kmail.
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-06-03 22:53:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Laurent!

On Monday 02 June 2003 21:24, Laurent Montel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When you have several messages :
> -> no crypted message
> -> crypted message.
> -> other message
>
> When you select  "no crypted message"  and you press "delete" key
> twice, you have "openpgp dialogbox" which are displayed.
> But encrypted message was deleted
> => so when you uncrypte message kmail crash.

[snipped backtrace]

> To fixe crash I test "message()" and "aMsg"
> And when it's not same message I return
>
> If this patch is ok could you commit it.

Thanks for trying to fix this crash. But unfortunately this patch won't
work. It would probably prevent the crash. But
KMReaderWin::parseMsg(KMMessage* aMsg, ...) is also called from
ObjectTreeParser::processMessageType(...) to display attached messages
inline. And in this case aMsg is not equal to message(). So your patch
would break inline displaying of attached messages.

Regards,
Ingo