List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for X-Mailer/User-Agent support in Fancy headerstyle
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-06-03 23:04:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 03 June 2003 10:46, Robert Zwerus wrote:
> This patch adds two parts to the Fancy headerstyle, one for the
> X-Mailer header and one for the User-Agent header. I think only one
> of them is used in a message, so it just checks both sequentially.
>
> It's a patch for the KDE 3.1.2 version of kmreaderwin.cpp, which is
> in the kdenetwork package under /kmail/. It can be applied by issuing
> the following command in the abovementioned directory:
> # patch kmreaderwin.cpp xmaileruseragent.patch
>
> As you can see I added the X-Mailer/User-Agent part and the '//
> date'-comment.
>
> I hope it will be incorporated in the official KMail source.

Thanks for your patch. But I'm afraid it won't be added to the official
KMail source because most people are probably not interested in these
headers. Instead we will add code to add arbitrary headers to the list
of displayed headers. IIRC someone already worked on this around the
time KDE 3.1 was released. I think this someone wanted to share some
code with KNode which already has this feature IIRC. Does anyone know
if there were ever results in this direction?

Last but not least an advice for the future: If you want to contribute a
patch to KMail please port your patch to the cvs HEAD version of KMail.
If we have to port it then it's more likely to be dropped (because
nobody of us has the time to port it) than if we can simply apply the
patch to HEAD. As your patch is very small it would probably apply
cleanly to HEAD but you better check this the next time.

Regards,
Ingo