List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    New KMail issues
From:       William Denniss <lists () omegadelta ! net>
Date:       2003-05-29 2:44:15

Hi All,

I have been using KMail since Red Hat 7, and I have had no problems until I
upgraded to KMail 1.4.3 (Using KDE 3.0.3-8.3 Red Hat).  I don't know why, but
the charcaters "=20" are appended to almost every line in the emails I sent.

These don't show up in KMail, nor Outlook for people I email but they do have
a few problems:  Some mailling list programs don't remove the characters and
my emails get resent with those characters visible.  Likewise for the
archives of many mailing lists.  And people who I know that use Outlook when
they click reply to my email, they can't insert the >'s that they usually
could (ie. before I upgraded my kmail version).

Does anyone know of a simple fix for this problem?  Should I just try and
downgrade KMail? (I'd prefer not to have to do that).

Thanks in advance,

Will.