List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail, kab & vcard
From:       Andreas Gungl <Andreas.Gungl () osp-dd ! de>
Date:       2003-04-28 6:20:32

Am Freitag, 25. April 2003 23:44 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> On Monday 07 April 2003 10:17, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> > I just wanted to import data from an attached vcard into my address
> > book. The address book application starts up, however nothing
> > happens.
>
> How did you start the address book application? Did you click on the
> [vCard] next to the sender's name?

I'm using KMail 1.5.1 (KDE 3.1.1) on SuSE 8.1 at work. I've a message with
vcard attachment visible in the message pane. I'm using "Long Headers"
format. There I can see only the subject, date, fom and to of the message,
no vcard is visible there.
The vcard is visible as an attachment (icon plus "<name>.vcf" text) below
the message body. I click on it with LMB and then I see the dialog about
saving or opening the file. Saving and importing it into KAddressbook is
possible but takes long, Open just opens the addressbook application. But
that's it. It's a pity.

> >  Explicitly saving the vcard and importing from within
> > address book works fine.
> >
> > Searching the KMail list I came across the message below.
>
> KMail threaded your message below George's message. Therefore I didn't
> notice your message until now.

Yes, this is the intended behaviour of the threading algorithm, as I replied
to George's message. I didn't want to copy and paste the relevant part, so
I used simply Reply.

Regards,
Andreas