List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: How to flush changes to disk? (IMAP issus)
From:       Sigmund Gudvangen <sigmund () gudvangen ! net>
Date:       2003-04-27 21:32:55

On Sunday 27 April 2003 17:57, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Sunday 27 April 2003 16:25, Sigmund Gudvangen wrote:
> > It appears that when a message is deleted from KMail it isn't
> > immediately deleted on the mailserver. The only way I have found to
> > flush the changes to disk is to exit from KMail.
> >
> > This is a rather unfortunate behaviour when reading mail from several
> > different clients (on different PCs). I am using Maildir and the Binc
> > imapserver, but I presume this is a MUA issue.
>
> I guess you are talking about IMAP and not about local folders. Did you
> enable "Automatically compact folders (expunges deleted messages)" for
> your IMAP account? AFAIK IMAP folders will then be compacted as soon as
> you leave them.
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

Yes, I am talking about IMAP and I have enabled "Automatically compact folders
(expunges deleted messages)".

It could of cause be that imap-server (Binc) caches operations, although I
wouldn't think so. I therefore thought I would try to find out if other KMail
users had noticed the problem before posting to the Binc group.

Regards
Sigmund.