List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail's fileter execute command parameters
From:       Frank Dekervel <frank.nospam.dekervel.nospam () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       2002-12-30 23:20:09

op Monday 30 December 2002 12:39 , schreef Chris  in
<200212300532.15760.cbruner@crystal-software-canada-inc.com> :

> I'm using the kmail's filter to move incomming mail to various inbox's and
> for the important messages, I have speech synthasis telling me, that ebay
> was confirmed or out bid (or whatever), using the "execute command" filter
> action.
>
> It would be nice to be able to send the subject line of the incomming
> message to the speech synthasizer.
>
> In the documentation it talks about using %0 for the body, %1 for the
> first attachement and so on. Is there a flag for the subject line, or any
> of the other parts of the message?

i am doing the same, and i use 'pipe thru' to pipe the message thru a
shellscript, that does something like this
cat > tempfile
FROM=$(cat tempfile | egrep ^From\: | cut --fields="2-" --delimiter=" " |
head -1)
TO=$(cat tempfile | egrep ^To\: | cut --fields="2-" --delimiter=" ")
SUBJECT=$(cat tempfile | egrep ^Subject\: | cut --fields="2-" --delimiter="
")
cat tempfile

its not ideal, but it works with current released kmail ...
greetings,
frank

--
Frank Dekervel