List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: How do I refresh a folder?
From:       Kyler Laird <Kyler () Lairds ! com>
Date:       2002-12-22 22:38:22

>> Is KMail unable to check new messages in *any* folder?  I had started
>> to install an IMAPd, but is it going to require a restart in order to
>> check for new IMAP messages?

>Umm, you _know_ about "check mail" and "check mail in", do you?

Yes, I've screwed my mailbox up several times now.

>You know
>what "enable interval mail checking" means in the account config?

I thought I did until I read
	KMail currently doesn't notice new messages that are added
	directly to its folders.

So...I'll try to answer my question without having tested it yet
(because I'm having difficulties with Courier).  Yes, KMail is
unable to detect changes in its local maildir folders without
restarting and there are no plans to fix this.  However, it is able
to detect changes in IMAP folders (assuming, I am guessing, that the
IMAP server is set up to allow checking for new mail in all folders,
but maybe it doesn't use the indication feature).

--kyler