List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    KNode development status
From:       Christian Gebauer <gebauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-29 1:20:28

Hi,

I would like to give a short personal status report. For several
reasons I wasn't able to contribute much in the last 1-1/2 years,
but I will probably be able to spend about one hour a day in the
future, so I will continue to do the maintainer job for KNode
(... and Kdict).

Due my limited resources I will concentrate on the following problems
in the near future:

* using ioslaves for network access
  (actually I will convert kdict first)
* using khtml for the article viewer
* integrating the new subscription dialog and the patch
  for yenc support in kmine that someone send to me, etc.
* bug fixes, etc.

Of cause there is much more work waiting to be done, e.g.
* architectual / performance issues
  <=>
* integration/cooperation/fusion with kmail
* implementing features like off-line support, multipart support, etc.

Does anybody else want to work on KNode? Can I help you in any way?
Perhaps we should discuss/coordinate our plans.

KNode is not as important as Kmail, but I think its quite popular, too.
(in the german usenet about 3.75% of all articles are posted with KNode,
which means that it is the most used open source newsreader besides Mozilla)
So it would be a good investment to put more effort into KNode ;-)

Greetings
Christian