List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [nPATCH #6402] Add x-uuencode decode support to KMail.
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-30 20:16:02

On Monday 30 September 2002 11:08, Gene Heskett wrote:
<snip>
> I've got a Q here.  Since uuencode/uudecode is the inferior method,
> base64 having been the choice because of its increased robustness
> when the MIME specs were standardized, of what utility is support
> of an obsolete transport method?

The golden rule of the internet: "Be liberal in what you accept, be
conservative in what you create." There's no way to send an attachment
uuencoded with KMail except when using some kind of forwarding. We just
decode it. And even that only when it's in proper MIME format, not when
inlined, though that should be easy to do now and probably should be
done.

Marc

--
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as
long as I'm the dictator...