List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Stuff I'm working on
From:       Michael Brade <brade () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-11 9:51:28

Just to sneak in a thought I had when reading the discussion of this
unfortunate situation.

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 19:45, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> this isn't the only option. there are several other options, most of which
> include some variation of:
>
> [...]
> o allowing branch to become HEAD eventually
Yes, and this is exactly what Don wants, his aim he didn't talk about yet:
_he_ is the current self-proclaimed maintainer of the branch and if it
becomes HEAD he will claim maintainership of KMail, this time with more
arguments than just "I am still the real one".

Don't get me wrong, I would have nothing against Don as maintainer if it is in
public agreement but I really don't like the way things are going right now
(e.g. claiming maintainership instead of asking for it).

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience