List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Stuff I'm working on
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-10 17:33:29

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 18:19, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 September 2002 05:28, Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:
> > Will this change (and future bugfixes) also go into the official
> > KMail HEAD branch?
>
> that will depend on several things, as i see it, including:
>
>  o how divergent the codebases get (making some bug fixes irrelevant
> in one branch or the other)
<snip>

Unfortunately, judging form the programme that Don wants to implement in
the time before 3.1, when HEAD is open again, the two branches will
have diverted to very drastically, that any attempt at backporting
selected stuff will probably be more work than developing it for HEAD
itself.

I catch myself thinking that this is what is intended... :-(

Marc

--
If free-software authors lose the right to disclaim all warranties and
find themselves getting sued over the performance of the programs