List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: make_it_cool branches created
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-10 11:32:39

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 13:24, Carsten Burghardt wrote:
>  Auke Jilderda wrote:
> > Two branches would be a good thing *if* both branches organise a
> > fruitful  co-operation. Interesting question is how to organise
> > that?
>
> I consider the new branch as a kind of sandbox where new features
> can be tested. If they're proven to be stable enough they can be
> merged into the head branch.

That would be fine, however the following statement irritated me:

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 12:31, Don Sanders wrote:
> Here is a list of changes I'm currently working on in make_it_cool
(...)
> I really want to do this as if we fork this gives us a legitimate
> different goal from KMail rather than just competing directly with
> KMail.
(...)

Correct my if I am wrong but to me this does /not/ sound like somebody
planning to give the fruits of his work back into the official KMail
HEAD branch but rather intending to _fork_.

Sorry, but at least that's the impression I got by reading the above. :-(

Karl-Heinz
--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>