List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] Re: GUI consistency
From:       Andreas Gungl <Andreas.Gungl () osp-dd ! de>
Date:       2002-08-30 9:25:04

Am Friday 30 August 2002 09:16 schrieb Martin Koller:
> On Thursday 29 August 2002 23:26, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > This is wrong. The RMB menu should only contain often used actions. At
> > least "Send Again" and "Encoding" are _not_ often used actions. Adding
> > "Reply to List" is o.k.. But "Reply Without Quote" is also not very
> > often used. All those actions have shortcuts. So it's not necessary to
> > add them all to the RMB menu.
>
> OK, but e.g. the "send again" I was always missing in the RMB.
> But then I also should remove "Save As..."

Reading the thread I begin to wonder if KDE should not have something like
Win**** has: menues with hidden entries for seldom used actions. They
appear when you are for longer time in the menu without selecting an
action.
I don't like Win in general, but sometimes one can learn from solutions used
there. And this feature could prevent a lot of configuration options when
some of you want to have the popup menues configurable. ;-)

Regards,
Andreas