List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Feature indtroduction request
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-08-30 5:31:51

On Thursday 29 August 2002 23:02, Marc Mutz wrote:

> On Wednesday 28 August 2002 17:19, Seth Kurtzberg wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > If your company needs this and is willing to pay for it, we could
> > maintain the code and port it to each kmail release.  However, I
> > would want to know why the original author abandoned it.
>
> _You_, not _we_! ;-)
> Port to each _KDE_ release not _KMail_ release, since I doublt
> anyone will let this go into KMail proper.

I'm not interested enough in this feature to even take the time to
consider it.

But I am ok with the dcop interface being extended to allow plugins to
change KMails UI (e.g. add new menu items to various popup menus like
that attachment popup menu).

Then at least groups of users that want a non-standard interface can
ultimately get that by creating a plugin instead of having to create
and maintain patches.

Don.