List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    [patch] Re: GUI consistency
From:       Martin Koller <m.koller () surfeu ! at>
Date:       2002-08-29 19:43:54

Here is another consistency patch, which fixes those menu and action entries
inconsistent with the rest of kmail or KDE ...
(Its only for the main window of kmail, nothing for the composer, etc.)

I also added some icons to the std. actions, like copy in the RMB popup when
copying a message to a folder, etc.

On Monday 26 August 2002 09:18, Martin Koller wrote:

> > > Therefore, I suggest to:
> > > - move those actions which modify a message (currently in Message
> > > menu: Edit, Copy To, Move To, Mark Message, Mark Thread) to the
> > > "Edit" menu. These action are here to "Edit" the "document"
> >
> > Hmm, that seems to be consistent with Konqueror. But I'm not sure if I
> > like it. The problem I have with this is that Konqueror treats files
> > and directories more or less the same. But we have messages _and_
> > folders. It's IMO not clear that the actions in the Edit menu only
> > apply to messages and not to folders.

OK, I let the "Message" menu with the copy to, move to, etc. entries as they
are.

> Konqueror also has files and folders. But you are right - it's not easy to
> make here a good descision regarding how to handle the folders. I was also
> thinking hard how to do it. So I decided, that all actions shall be
> targeted to messages (like the ones in File, Edit, etc. menus) - and the
> folders have a separate menu to handle things, like "New Folder", "Delete
> Folder", ... So the basic idea is: we deal with messages - folders are
> handled separately (something like that)
>
> > > - rename the "Message" Menu to "Send", because all the actions which
> > > are left here are subject to send a message, like Reply, Forward,
> > > Bounce, ...
> >
> > I don't like "Send".
>
> OK - what's your proposal?

I did not rename the menu. It's still "Message".

I also added one new icon for "New Message to Mailing-list"

--
Best Regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin

["patch.gz" (application/x-gzip)]