List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: We need a short boilerplate text for KMail for various flyers
From:       Bernhard Reiter <bernhard () intevation ! de>
Date:       2002-07-31 13:31:56

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 01:31:11PM +0200, Marc Mutz wrote:
> > Did you compare it to Sylpheed, Balsa, TkRats,
> > mutt, Evolution, gnus and others?

> Personally, I've compared with Netscape Mail 4.x, Mozilla Mail 0.9x,
> Sylpheed (half a year ago) and Evolution (0.13 days).

> I mostly tried them to see what they have w.r.t. filtering, but I've
> also checked the options for pgp stuff.

Okay that is some basis.
Still you probably would need to use the client for quite some
while to judge how useful the implementations and the gui is.
Then you are probably quite proficient in KMail which gives your
study a bias.

> We can ememinate mutt ans gnus if we say "graphical" ;-)

Correct.

Like I wrote before my agenda in writing such texts is to honestly
try communicate what is there. This is why I try to avoid overstatements.

> Balsa and Sylpeed don't even mention OpenPGP support in their feature's
> list:
>  http://balsa.gnome.org/features.html
>  http://sylpheed.good-day.net/#whats
> How can that mean they take it serious? ;-)

Maybe they think it is to natural for them to have it. :)