List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: system tray notification patches updated for 3.1
From:       Ryan Breen <ryan () porivo ! com>
Date:       2002-06-10 1:29:40

On Sunday 09 June 2002 07:06 am, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On June 9, 2002 05:42 pm, Ryan Breen wrote:
> perhaps KMFolderTree could emit a signal of its own when the timer times
> out by connecting the timeout() signal of the timer to this new
> KMFolderTree signal ...

Something like that would be great, but I was worried that making significant
modifications to KMFolderTree would be too obtrusive for the scope of my
patch.  However, if removing the 'friend' clause makes the patch
substantially cleaner, I would be happy to throw a new signal onto the tree.

I updated the patches to move KMSystemTray to KMKernel.  Only one system tray
icon will ever be displayed at once, but since the notification is controlled
by a boolean in the network receiving tab, disabling system tray notification
for one KMMainWin disables it globally.  Since this is, AFAICT, the behavior
for message box and beep notification, I assume this is expected and
acceptable.

Ryan