List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail inserted one blank line too much - two "headers"
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-29 22:27:58

On Wednesday 29 May 2002 18:23, Malte S. Stretz wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 May 2002 00:29 CET Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Wednesday 29 May 2002 00:02, Malte S. Stretz wrote:
> > >[...]
> > >
> > > Ok, now there comes this mail which's From spans two lines:
> >
> > It doesn't span two line in my mbox file. This is what the relevant
> > headers of Don's message look like in my mbox file:
> >[...]
>
> Are you shure that KMail didn't unwrap the line again?

I'm pretty sure that KMail doesn't alter received messages in any way.

> The slash
> somehow looks as if somebody accidently added shell escaping to mail
> headers.
>
> > > (BTW: who put the backslash there?)
> >
> > Good question. The corresponding code snippet looks correct:
> > ===
> >   aMsg->setFrom(f + QString(" (by way of %1 <%2>)")
> >       .arg(ident.fullName()).arg(ident.emailAddr()));
> > ===
>
> Maybe some intermediate transport is broken? I sent some test mails
> to myself and I could reproduce that the space between the mail
> address and the comment is stripped away. It seems like my local SMTP
> server running Postfix does this (checked every intermediate mail
> server except the list servers directly with and without SpamAssassin
> active). But... looks like the mail you _did_ have the space...?

Yes, my version of the mail does have a space. It seems Postfix doesn't
canonicalize the email address correctly.

> I could not in any way reproduce the wrapped line. Can you tell me
> when the "by way of" comment is added?

It's added when you redirect a message.

> I attached a long comment to this mail, let's see how it looks like...

Here the From: header is folded between the '>' and the '('.

> It also doesn't look as if SpamAssassin messed up the line. Do you
> use it by the way?

No. I don't use it.

Regards,
Ingo